SyndicationTool - Overview: CMF Syndication Overview.
The SyndicationTool allows for sitewide syndication of content in folders
(or folder-like objects which support the synContentValues interface).
Currently on the SyndicationTool the following features are present:
- Enable/disable sitewide syndication.
- Override my Syndicaiton Element defaults on the Properties
Once sitewide syndication has been enabled, the Syndication action on
folders is enabled, allowing syndication for a specific folder to be
enabled. This is to protect calling the RSS dtml method on folder
contents one wishes to remain non-syndicated. A
object is set on the folder which acts as the
propertysheet for over-
riding sitewide defaults for each particular syndication instance.
In the next revision of the SyndicationTool, the following features are
- Reimplementation of the manner properties are called on the
SyndicationTool class and instance, as well as on the
information object. A getElementProperty method will handle generic
grabing of properties.
- Adding the ability to addElementProperties, to allow for easily
enabling additional XML namespaces to be incorporated on an instance
without requiring reimplementation of the SyndicationTool.
- Default sitewide properties for the dublin core module support.
- Sitewide enabling/disabling override switches for the supported
XML namespace module default values.
- Sitewide/Folder level content filtering of content returned back
in the itemRSS DTML method to allow for selective content returned
for the syndication.
- Sort Order setting. Allow the setting of how the content is sorted
in the syndication.
- Add switch to disallow acquisition to disable sub-folder syndication
within an existing syndicated folder.
- Other features are possible as users give feedback on the